Monday, April 16, 2007

Gloucester County Times trip

I found the trip to the Gloucester County Times to be very rewarding. The small newsroom seemed very friendly and close-knit; an environment that I would love to start in after graduating. For a paper with such a small circulation, I was amazed to see how many rolls of paper were needed every week!

Though the small cubicles allowed for little personal space, I felt that the atmosphere would make any writer feel at home. Unlike SLACK, inc, phones rang, and noises you would expect to hear coming from an office could actually be heard.

The advice offered by the editors and writers was very helpful. I now have an inkling of what will be expected of me as a writer. Jessica Beym was especially inciteful, explaining how she achieved her position and what she had accomplished at Rowan before graduating.

All-in-all, the trip was enjoyable. It certainly helped that I did not have to return to Comm Law on an empty stomach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home