Monday, April 2, 2007

Rovani Graphics: A Welcome Little Surprise

The trip to Rovani Graphics was very interesting. The amount of work that goes into one publication, no matter how small the project looks, is unbelievable. The equipment was very impressive and the staff equally so. Everyone was very nice and helpful and really offered valuable advice about professionalism. I was amazed that so much activity and such beautiful work could come out of such a small little building. The samples of work they showed us were really beautiful. I thought the dark room was very interesting. I really loved looking at the different inks and the machine used to apply them. It was massive and I couldn’t imagine how something so big and ugly, and stained could create such a great looking publication. I also thought the cutter was impressive (and scary) as well as the machine that applied perforations to brochures, pamphlets, etc. Overall, I thought it was a surprising trip, and I was glad I went. I definitely think it had value not just to those of us looking for a career in publication layout and design, but to everyone, because it helped you realize the amount of work that goes into every advertisement, flyer, publication, etc. that you have ever come across.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home