Sunday, April 1, 2007

Rovani Graphics

Following our trip to Rovani Graphics, I must admit my first perceptions of the industry changed tremendously. When I first found out that the class was going to a printer, I was not very interested. Once we got to Rovani's facility, I must say that I was extremely impressed with their overall operation. I imagined in my head a run down building with a bunch of really old machine, but Rovani turned out to be the exact opposite. Their entire operation was extremely professional and upscale in my opinion. The building were very well maintained and the entire staff was very friendly. The most interesting aspect of the trip was seeing the many phases a document goes through before landing in the consumers hands. I really thought that somebody designed the material on a computer and simply printed it out. I had no idea that their are so many different steps in creating such things as brochures and flyers.

Personally, I could not believe the amount of money and time one simple mistake in a publication could cost the printer. When I heard that because someone made an error in a woman's name cost the printer thousands of dollars, I almost fell to the floor. I just assumed that because of the error, the printer would take off 5% or something, not thousands of dollars. The trip really showed me an aspect of the printing industry which I was unaware of. Not only did I find out inside information from a printer, but I know now how lucrative the printing industry can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home