Friday, April 13, 2007

rovani graphics

Some students rush to judgment, but not I. I have let the events of March 27 marinate in my mind these past weeks before posting my (delayed) reaction. So this post is not “late” as much as it is “painstakingly thoughtful.”

The field trip to Rovani is my second favorite field trip, (B&N holds the top slot).

Pulling into the driveway, I assumed the small quarters meant Rovani was a kangaroo operation. This was an incorrect assumption.

Mr. Simpkins was an engaging personality and commanded my fullest attention. He made the class understand what employers expect out of employees. On the job, one can't settle for 'B' 'C' or even 'A-' work; it's either done correctly (A level work) or done incorrectly, unsatisfactory.

There is no room excuses in the business world. Personal problems are best left at home. Text messaging, inappropriate office behavior.

Employers are not just looking for graduating students with the smarts to complete assignments; they are looking for personalities that mesh well with their current stable of workers.

It seemed as though they churned out a great deal of work orders. And while printing is not an area of interest to me, the process itself was an enjoyable learning experience.

On a side note: the fact that Rovani Graphics was green, environmentally sensitive, was a refreshing bit of information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home