Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Rovani Randomness

     When we first pulled up to Rovani Graphics Inc., we weren’t sure we had found the right place. I’m glad that we ventured in anyway though, because I really enjoyed our visit to Rovani, even if the realistic heads sitting in the window were a bit freaky at first (can’t wait to see the picture you took Monda). Jim seemed very excited to have us to show around his shop. I felt bad when he would ask “Any questions?” so expectantly because I almost wanted to ask a question just to show him we were interested, but he had done such a great job of explaining everything, that there really wasn’t much left to ask.

     I really liked the dark room, mostly because the door into it was so much fun. Just kidding. Actually, the dark room reminded me of when I took a photography class in high school and loved it, but I was sad to hear they were just going to be throwing away that old machine. I guess I can’t blame them, but it just seems like a shame that it’s going to go to waste. I also found their cutting machine interesting, because it was a giant-sized version of the machine we had when I used to work at Office Depot. I had always been amazed that ours could cut hundreds of sheets at a time, but the fact that the machine at Rovani could cut thousands at a time (and much thicker paper) made the other paper cutter seem silly.

     Over all, I really liked going to Rovani. It was neat to see how printing projects go from start to finish, and I think I got some valuable insight into how to work with printers to ensure a successful printing.

-Erin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home