Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Rovani Graphics

The trip to Rovani graphics was, in my opinion, the most interesting one yet. We got to see an actual printing room and the machinery involved. The brief side quest into the darkroom was a lot of fun, since I haven't seen one in years.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing was seeing an entire printing operation within a small building. It's the kind of thing I would probably like to do for a living - or at least for a little while. The people are obviously tight-knit and fun to work with, which is a great companion to how in-depth their knowledge was.

Additionally, I appreciated their honesty. They gave us a pretty solid example of a time when they managed to botch a product. That's the kind of thing you don't see too often; typically a place of business will only let you know the sunshine and roses aspect of their particular field. It's nice to know that this class is showing us every side to the industry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home