Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Reaction to SLACK

Before visiting SLACK Inc. I had no clue what to expect. I had no idea what types of jobs they offered or what the mood of the office would be like. Thankfully, the group of SLACK employees that spoke to us really clarified all of my questions. They told us what their jobs entail, what qualifications a person should have, what programs they use, and how SLACK prides itself on its family-like atmosphere.

After leaving SLACK I feel that i have a better understanding of how the publishing industry really works. I could see myself working at a place like SLACK, mostly because of how comfortable and happy the employees seemed. Although the office was very quiet, I still think I could handle it. I liked how people worked independently, but also with their group. It seemed that they each had a say in the final product. I was also excited to hear that they hire many Rowan graduates, because even though I live in north Jersey, I feel as if graduating from Rowan would qualify me for similar jobs closer to home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home