Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Slack Reaction

When I arrived at the Slack HQ I was surprised by how big their office was.

"Why does one magazine need a building this big?" I wondered.

It made more sense to me after I learning that Slack is a whole network of publications, not just one.

My day at Slack was very inspiring. I felt like Slack was the kind of place that would hire me. It also showed me that it’s not the kind of place I’d like to work. The building is made up of a sea of cubicles, and the attire is very formal. I’d probably have to get a haircut if I worked at Slack. To give them some credit though, the art department was housed in a neat little cave. With ambient lighting, lawn gnomes and music, the art cave seems to exist in a different world than the rest of Slack. Perhaps I should have been an art major.

Since visiting Slack I have increased my job-finding efforts. I am determined to find a job at a publication that interests me and will allow me to wear jeans and flip flops to work. Seeing The Astronaut Farmer this weekend has even further convinced me to pursue my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home