Monday, February 26, 2007

Trip to Slack Inc.

Prior to our trip to Slack Inc, I knew absolutely nothing about what exactly the company did. I knew they were prominent within the Southern Jersey region, but I had no idea as to how well known they were within the medical field. One of the main things I learned from our trip was that Slack Inc. publishes hundreds of different pieces of medical literature which get distributed nationwide.

By far one of the most impressive things about Slack Inc. revolves around the different aspects of publishing they dabble in. Not only do they do the actual copy, but the graphics and distribution are all done within the company. Contrary to other publishing organizations I am familiar with, Slack Inc.’s entire operation is within the confines of one building. The whole operation was extremely impressive and I am seriously thinking about applying for a position upon organization.

The field trip to Slack Inc. really enlightened me as to just how many different aspects of publishing there are. The people from the company really took the time to answer all of our questions thoroughly and completely changed my opinion of the industry. They all seemed happy to work at Slack Inc, which in today’s society is rare. All of the people who took the time to meet with us constantly stated how they feel as though they are part of a family. The organization as a whole really gives me the desire to pursue a potential career with Slack Inc. following graduation in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home