Sunday, February 25, 2007

I HAD A GRAND TIME AT SLACK INC.

Before the trip to Slack Incorporated, I was not familiar with the operations and the numerous job positions Slack has. While on the tour, I was surprised to see the different types of people that work at Slack. All of the people who spoke about Slack were informed and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Due to the excitement and knowledge of the speakers, I am convinced that Slack Incorporated is a wonderful working environment.
The trip was exciting and different. I have been in the Trenton Times building before and I was used to seeing the atmosphere in which reporters work, but I have never been exposed to a workplace like Slack. It was intersting to actually go through each department in Slack and see how each department works together to make Slack what it is. Each of the speakers were intelligent and passionate about their area of work. It was great to see "passion". Most times when you hear someone speak about their job, it usually is negative; but at Slack, it felt that these people really wanted to be there. They had that passion for their job that many people do not have.
Essentially, I took Publishing Industry because I have always loved books, magazines, newspapers and basically anything that contains the written word. These field trips have been so beneficial to me because it allows me to see the work that goes on "behind the scenes" in the book world. The Slack trip taught me how important it is to do something with your life that you are extremely passionate about. I loved it! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home