Thursday, February 22, 2007

SLACK Reaction

SLACK Incorporated Reaction


SLACK Incorporated is an information and service provider that targets health care. The trip to SLACK Incorporated was very informative to me because I had not heard of SLACK prior to research on the internet and quick references in class.

I found it quite interesting that such a physically small building had so much going on within it. SLACK is the home of 42 journals and newspapers, more than 250 medical and allied health books, 54 websites, and dozens of custom projects. This fact, as told to us by Robin Dellolio, Human Resource Manager, was very interesting to me.

Furthermore, it was very interesting to hear the view point of each member of the SLACK Incorporated team. Many were very informative as to what their jobs entail and how they go about completely their assignments and what not.

In addition, SLACK Incorporated seemed very aware of the information that we, as students, would want to hear and be notified of. Due to this, SLACK Incorporated did not leave any questions unanswered.

In general, I found the trip to SLACK Incorporated well worth it. Just by going to SLACK, I feel as if I learned a lot about the publishing industry and the certain jobs and opportunities that are available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home