Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Trip to Barnes&Noble

Barnes&Noble is one of my favorite stores and it was great to learn about the inner workings that keep it running. The employees who spoke to us really seemed to enjoy their jobs and happily answered all of our questions. Even though I shop at Barnes&Noble quite often, I never browsed the way I did last week; and I was surprised at all the different genres of books that the store offers.

The most interesting facts I learned were how long a book stays on the shelf if it does not sell, and the fact that Barnes&Noble gets extra money for placing certain books in displays at the end of the aisle. I also never understood how employees kept track of each one of those books. Not surprisingly, it was as time consuming as I imagined it would be!

I may need a new job this summer, and after our tour of Barnes&Noble I think it was be a fun place to work, and a good opportunity to expand my knowledge of books. The fact that authors come and speak there could also be helpful for me. Although I hope I won't have to participate in storytime in the children's section
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home