Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Barnes and Noble

I’ve been to Barnes and Noble many times, but it wasn’t till the latest visit on Tuesday that I actually took everything in; the environment and all the people around me.
Usually, I would walk and go right to the section that I assumed the book I desired at the time would be in, but this time the other customers in the store grabbed my attention. As I walked up and down the isles, I noticed men and women of all ages sitting comfortably in chairs and couches around the store, reading books and magazines. Most of them were half way into books that seemed to be 200 pages or more. Had they been there all day? Had they been there every day this week even?
During the presentation that Terri Walsh gave (once Rowan student and currently a Barnes and Noble employee) to me and the rest of my classmates, my questions were quickly answered. Terri explained that people were allowed to come in, sit, and read all day, every day and no one would ever bother them. Millions of books with the second largest coffee shop at their disposal. That sure beats a public library, I thought to myself.
Just as I got over my obsession with the other people in the store, Jon Mayberry began to talk with us about his experience in the publishing industry. I could have done without the screaming kid in the background though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home