Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Barnes and Noble

After our visit to Barnes and Noble I’ve developed a new respect for its employees. I have never worked in any type of retail but I can imagine that the customers that treat the store like their own personal office space or kiddie daycare center can make a job more stressful than it has to be.
I especially enjoyed Jonathan Maberry’s insight into the publishing world. I’ve never had the chance to hear a published author or anyone actively involved in the publishing field, besides professors, talk about their experience. Being a Writing Arts major and soon to be graduating in May, people are constantly asking me what I want to do after graduation and I never have an answer. But since our Barnes and Noble visit I feel like I have a better idea about the publishing world and now realize there are so many more areas I can get into besides strictly writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home