Monday, February 26, 2007

Trip To Slack

The fieldtrip to Slack was a chance for me to learn about the publishing industry. After visiting the office, I was aware of what job prospects are available for the communication major. I found it interesting that they sent out all their work to have it printed. My initial thought was, that I would see books being printed. I found it interesting that they have everyone edit the work, page layout, graphic design, and then send it off to a printer.
I think it is great how they have hired so many Rowan graduates; it speaks well for our college of communication at Rowan. I also think it’s great how they look for potential job candidates to become apart of their family. That speaks well on how they work together. All the different departments seem to work well with each other.
I was very surprised to learn that Slack does not use apple computers. I was always under the impression that the publishing industry along with the graphic design side would definitely use apple computers.
Overall, the trip to Slack was interesting and informative, shedding some light on the mystery of what goes on in the publishing industry outside of the college classroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home