Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Reaction to Slack...-tion.

Perhaps the most surprising thing about Slack - for me, anyway - was just how quiet it was. I was expecting a bustling business with people running around and getting things done at breakneck speeds. What I got was basically a cubicle farm where anything above a whisper would have been disruptive. That's not a bad thing, really ... I like quiet places, especially when I'm trying to work. I just thought it was surprising.

The people who spoke to us were greatly informative and didn't sugarcoat everything the way that people usually do when telling us about our possible futures. I'm actually beginning to believe that I could have a career in publications. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

The office itself, while being much like the aforementioned cubicle farm, was well-designed and looked like a fairly interesting environment to call your workplace. I liked their overly large cafeteria with three tables and a coffee machine.

Generally, I enjoyed the trip. The people were friendly and the environment was different from what I expected. I think I'd be happy working there - at least for a while, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home