Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Field Trip to Slack

I had very little knowledge of Slack Inc. before our class trip last Tuesday. I was impressed by the size of the building, and quite surprised to learn that such a large place housed only 250 employees. I was also surprised that what seems to me like a small number of employees is responsible for the publication of 250 books, 42 journals and 54 websites.
The atmosphere at Slack was very calm and quiet. With so much work to be done, I imagined there would be a lot more activity taking place. It was interesting to see the relaxed work environment. Personally, I don't think I'd enjoy being confined to a cubicle and working in such quiet quarters.
The most exciting part of the tour for me was the brief stop at Studio One where the graphic designers work. It was the most visually interesting part of the tour and the only area of the building where employees played music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home